Monday, April 8, 2013

Ric-Rac and Sunshine

Today is the first real day of spring we've had. It is a full, scorching, 65 degree high, and I couldn't be happier. I am wearing a dress and pretending it's July. Specifically, a red, hand-sewn, ric-rac embellished dress that was another goodwill find:

.

It seemed like a good day to give the 18 year old trampoline another trying. Congrats on being legal, you old tramp.


shoes: ciao bella, dress: goodwill, invisible necklace: modcloth, pasty white winter skin: all me!

This dress is definitely a little Pippi Longstocking with all that ric-rac, but at $4, I think it was a steal. Besides, Pippi Longstocking swung from chandeliers and scrubbed her floors by skating with soapy brushes on her feet--two things that I great aspire to do. You can't see my Modcloth necklace very well,  so here's my attempt at a close-up:


It's a tiny little chair! I like to picture tiny little people wandering over to my bureau and taking a seat. I may have read "The Borrowers" too many times as a child. Modcloth doesn't sell them anymore, but the shop spacepearls on etsy has an adorable version of their own, if you like the look. 

Anyway, I hope it's warm and beautiful wherever you are, and that you've had a chance to get outside today. There are so many perfect little details coming into the world right now. Here's a butterfly stretching on our old rug as it airs out, and the prettiest piece of fungus I've ever seen:



Happy April!