Tuesday, April 9, 2013

And today it was OVER 70!

I am continuing my state of total joy about the warm weather. It's so wonderful to be able to walk outside and not wish I had about 8 more layers on and a portable heat lamp. I was especially excited for today's outfit, because I eyed this dress for about a year, bought it when it finally went on sale in the middle of winter, and then let it hang in the closet for months until there was finally finally a sunny warm day.

It has completely lived up to expectations.








Dress and necklace: Modcloth, Shoes: Ciao Bella, Belt: ? Purse: Vintage (most likely brought back from Mexico by a tourist in the 1950s) 

I genuinely love everything I'm wear here (you can't see the necklace, but it's the little chair charm again). The purse is a particular staple of my wardrobe. It is beautiful tooled leather from an amazing vintage store, The Willow Tree, in Chester, Connecticut. I don't think she has a website, but the shop is definitely worth a visit--it is full of treasures, both clothing and otherwise. I may have to do a post on it someday. Here's a close-up of the detail:



And here is little more instagram for you...jordan almonds and mildew, because oddly enough they were both pretty today (though one tastes a lot better.)





And finally, I just found out I won a $50 gift card to lulus.com! So excited. They hold a contest to name a new dress every Monday, and picked my entry "Streak Smart" for this guy:

Not my style, but fun to name--looking forward to picking something from lulu's to feature on the blog! They have a lot of great pastels right now. 

Highlights of your day?