the lovely Rebekah over at Finding My Inspiration has nominated me for the Liebster Award :). Here are the rules:
1. Post 11 things about yourself
2. Answer the 11 questions created by the person who nominated you3. Create 11 questions of your own to ask the bloggers you decide to nominate
4. Choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers to nominate and link them on your blog post
5. Bloggers must be notified of their award!
6. No tag backs!
My eleven things, as they come to mind:
1) I have a small birthmark on my leg that looks like a shooting star.
2) When I was in high school, I once tried to dye semi-permenant streaks in my hair using the Kool-aid method. Except...I used red Kool-aid. So you can imagine how well it worked. I'd never dye my hair now...I think the pastels and things I see on other blogs look amazing, but not my style at all.
3) I write poetry...so far I've been published in half a dozen or so magazines, and am editing my first manuscript. I hope to get it published in the next several years.
4) Sometimes when I'm cooking I eat a tiny pinch of salt. I do not think this is very healthy.
5) When I was about 6 months old, my skin was tinted orange for a while because I disdained all baby food that wasn't sweet potato or carrot. I was monochromatic.
6) I have 3 piercings, one in one ear and two in the other.
7) Sometimes I play guitar and sing.
8) I had to be wrestled into skirts and dresses from ages 7-13. Oh, how times have changed...
9) I used to get in trouble in elementary school for hiding library books under my pillows and reading with a flashlight after bedtime.
10) I really, really hate doing dishes. I'd rather wash the toilet.
11) I love lavender Dr. Bronner's
The questions from Rebekah:
1. Do you wear lipstick/balm stain/lip color? What's your favorite brand?
I don't really wear lipstick on a regular basis, though I occasion wear CoverGirl lipstain in the shade "flirty nude"(seriously). Mostly I wear lip balm. My favorites are sugar by fresh, which I will never own again when I use up the free birthday ones from Sephora, and the new Burt's Bee's tinted lip balms (the best color is hibiscus.
2. Do you like giraffes?
I mean, I don't know any personally, but I'm sure I would if I met one.
3. Where do you buy most of your clothes?
Hmmm. Thrift/vintage stores and online? Marshalls? And maybe h&m? I'm not really sure. All over the place.
4. Do you have any siblings? If so, how many?
One younger brother, age 21.
5. Have you ever been out of the country? If so, where? or Where would you go?
Yes. I have been to Belgium for two weeks, Canada for one, France for a total of two weeks but eight years apart, and I lived in Ireland for four months. I have briefly been in Puerto Rico (though that is a territory), England, Scotland. Most of these were possible as a result of living in Ireland and RyanAir.
6. Beach or mountains?
Mountains but in summer.
7. City, country, or suburbs?
City with easy country access.
8. What's an awesomely stupid thing you've done that you feel comfortable enough sharing? (oh yes...I can't wait to read this one!)
The "comfortable sharing" part has eliminated most of them, but I'll go with the most bizarre. This was exactly stupid on my part, but it's completely stupid that it happened. I fell into a manhole. Just half my body, one leg up to my waist, thank goodness. I was walking from an end-of-summer work party at a restaurant in East Harlem, it was night, it was completely uncovered with no warning tape or cones, and I didn't see it in the dark. Went right down. My leg was all ripped , but at least I didn't turn into one of those "Girl falls in sewer probably while texting lol" headlines.
9. How many states/countries have you lived in?
2 states and 2 countries (though only one has been a permanent address). US (Connecticut and New York) and Ireland.
10. Snow or sun?
Sun, but spring or fall.
11. If money weren't an issue, what's the first thing that would be on your wish list?
Enough funds to support my getting an MFA in creative writing.
And, finally, my twelve questions for the next round of awardees:
1) What is your favorite color for houses to be painted?
2) Tea, coffee, or other (specify)?
3) Guilty pleasure?
4) A link to your favorite dessert recipe?
5) Who are your three biggest style influences?
6) What was the last book you read, and/or the last song you listened to? Be honest.
7) Do you wear perfume? If so, what kind?
8) What's a clothing website you like that you think we may not have heard of? (Etsy shops or Ebay stores count).
9) Earliest memory?
10) What is your favorite thing to do on a rainy afternoon?
11) If you could have any pet, what would it be? This does not have to be realistic.
For the next round of awards, I nominate:
1) Dzifah of A Balloon Parade
2) Anna of Melodic Thrifty Chic
3) Michelle of Vegan in a Pretty Dress
4) Hannah Marie of Dainty and Ivory
5) Pamada of just.pandippo
6) Rachel of Floral Prints and Common Sense
7) Elana of Room 334
8) Midge of Modern Girl Blitz
9) Ms. Megan of moonbeam wishes
10) Kristian of Never Fully Dressed (Without A Style)
11) Stacey of handmade raspberry
So there you have it! Phew, long post. A post without pictures would be sad, so here is something for a little color:
The Mystic Aquarium and my grandparent's greenhouse, respectively.
And tomorrow, it's off to the zoo! Can't wait. Maybe I'll meet a giraffe.